Selling beer to-go presents a valuable opportunity for breweries and bars to expand their customer reach and generate additional revenue. With the right equipment and strategy in place, implementing a successful beer-to-go program can be much easier than you think—and profitable.
How to Sell Draft Beer To-Go
When it comes to selling draft beer to-go, consider the following steps and considerations:
- Invest in a reliable canning machine: Look for a canning machine specifically designed for draft beer to ensure the best results. Oktober's canning machines, such as the Model 8 and Model 7, are excellent options known for their durability, ease of use, and exceptional performance.
- Maintain beer freshness: Draft beer is highly appreciated for its freshness and unique flavors. To preserve the quality of your draft beer, it's crucial to minimize exposure to oxygen during the filling and sealing process. Choose a canning machine that provides a tight seal to keep the beer tasting its best.
- Consider can sizes and labeling: Determine the appropriate can sizes that suit your customers' preferences and your operational needs. If you’re looking to sell multiple types of beverages, you may want to buy a canning machine that will accommodate different sizes to offer variety. Additionally, consider labeling requirements and regulations for your packaged draft beer, including mandatory information such as alcohol content and allergen warnings.
- Train your staff: Properly train your staff on the operation and maintenance of the canning machine. This ensures consistency in the filling and sealing process, as well as the overall quality of the packaged draft beer.
- Promote your to-go draft beer: Once you have your draft beer packaged and ready to go, spread the word to your customers. Use various marketing channels to highlight your to-go offerings, such as social media platforms, your website, and on-premise signage. Create enticing promotions and incentives to encourage customers to try your draft beer to-go.
Marketing To-Go Beer
Effectively marketing your beer to-go is essential to attract customers and drive sales. Utilize various marketing channels, such as social media, email newsletters, and your website to promote your to-go offerings. Highlight the unique aspects of your beer, emphasize the convenience of take-out options, and engage with your audience by sharing behind-the-scenes stories or hosting virtual tasting events. Collaborate with local influencers or partner with food delivery services to expand your reach and tap into new customer segments.
Offering Curbside Beer Options
Implementing curbside pickup for beer to-go provides an added level of convenience for your customers. Establish a streamlined process for curbside orders by ensuring clear signage, designating parking spots, and efficiently fulfilling orders. Train your staff to provide exceptional customer service during curbside pickups and maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor while adhering to safety protocols. Curbside options can enhance the customer experience and encourage repeat business.
Getting a Canning Machine for Carry-Out Beer
Now that you have a solid understanding of the key elements involved in building an effective beer-to-go strategy, it's time to take action. Assess your local regulations, acquire the necessary licenses, and invest in the right equipment, such as a canning machine from Oktober, to produce exceptional canned beer. With careful planning and execution, you can tap into the growing market of beer enthusiasts who crave the convenience of enjoying their favorite brews from the comfort of their homes.
The Model 8 canning machine is a versatile and efficient solution for breweries and bars looking to can their beer for take-out. This robust machine is designed to handle various can sizes, allowing you to cater to different customer preferences. With its speed and precision, the Model 8 can fill cans quickly and accurately, ensuring a consistent and high-quality product. Its durable construction ensures long-lasting performance, making it a reliable investment for your beer-to-go strategy.
The Model 7 canning machine by Oktober is the perfect option for smaller breweries and bars seeking efficiency and ease of use. This compact and user-friendly machine delivers excellent results, enabling you to can your beer with precision and speed. The Model 7 is designed to handle smaller production volumes while maintaining the same level of quality as large-scale canning machines. If you're looking for a cost-effective solution that doesn't compromise performance, the Model 7 is an excellent choice.
Laws Around Selling Alcohol To-Go
Understanding the legal landscape surrounding the sale of beer to-go is crucial. Since the COVID-19 pandemic, many jurisdictions have adjusted their regulations to allow for the sale of alcohol for off-premises consumption. However, it's essential to familiarize yourself with the specific laws in your area, as they can vary from state to state and even within municipalities. Stay updated about licensing requirements, permissible container sizes, and any restrictions or conditions that apply to the sale of beer to-go.
Where Can Bars Sell Beer To-Go?
Determining where bars can sell beer to-go requires research and compliance with local regulations. Start by consulting your state's alcohol control board or similar governing body to understand the specific guidelines and permissions. Additionally, reach out to local authorities or licensing agencies to ensure you are following the correct procedures. It's crucial to stay up to date with any changes in legislation or temporary allowances related to selling beer to-go.
Start Selling Beer To-Go
Start your beer-to-go journey today and unlock the potential of this expanding market. Contact us to explore our canning machine options and get the tools you need to launch a successful beer-to-go program.